5 preschools in Tweed will be receiving upgrades, thanks to a NSW Government initiative aiming to continually improve the environment of preschool services.
Almost $63,000 has been invested in community preschools in Tweed, as part of the NSW Government’s Quality Learning Environments program, which will fund improvements to preschool grounds and buildings, as well as specialised educational programs for children.
Member for Tweed Geoff Provest said these grants are making a big difference to preschools in Tweed.
“In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, funds have been allocated for specialised educational programs and practices like art classes, yoga or dance lessons, along with service enhancements such as playground renovations or new carpet,” Mr Provest said.
“It is the Liberals & Nationals in Tweed who are committed to supporting preschools to ensure our littlest learners are getting access to the best quality early childhood education possible.”
Minister for Early Childhood Education Sarah Mitchell said these grants have eased some of the pressure off preschools in ensuring children are getting access to top quality early childhood education.
“As a mother myself, I know that often preschools have to rely on fundraising efforts to ensure their service is up-to-scratch physically, and to deliver programs that are more niche,” Ms Mitchell said.
“This funding will ensure all children, whether they are from Pottsville or Vaucluse, have a positive early childhood education experience and actually really enjoy their time at preschool.”
In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, the following services in Tweed will receive upgrades:
- $14,200 for Possum’s Community Pre-School for art classes
- $15,000 for Pottsville Community Preschool for the installation of a new room
- $14,999 for Wallum Community Preschool & Family Centre for softfall installation and environmental works
- $13,659.55 for Kingscliff Mini School for their bush tucker garden and murals
- $4896.00 for Tweed Heads Community Pre-School for Lil’ Fi-Music solutions for children, parents and teachers. Specialising in cross-meridian stimulation
For more information on the Quality Learning Environments program, visit the Department of Education website.